jagotutorial – What is haveibeenpwned? Have you been legalized? All information about Haveibeenpwned is collected, synthesized and sent by HoaTieu.vn to readers through the content of the article below. We invite you to consult.
1. What is hasibeenpwned?
Haveibeenpwned.com is a website that allows internet users to check if their personal data has been compromised due to a data breach.
Security testing website “Have I Been Pwned” was founded by famous Australian cybersecurity expert – Troy Hunt and launched on December 4, 2013.
Haveibeenpwned.com is considered a highly reputable website for all internet users worldwide to check if their login email address and password are exposed.
2. What does “Have I Been Pwned” mean?
The word “Pwned” in the context of “Haveibeenpwned” simply means that your password has been changed or you suffered a data breach.
3. How to use Haveibeenpwned
Has your password been exposed? To check if your account has been exposed or hacked, you can use Haveibeenpwned to check. Follow these steps:
– Case 1: You want to check the security status of the e-mail address you often use.
Step 1: Access the web address: https://haveibeenpwned.com/.
Step 2: The screen will appear a test page, it requires you to click on the box “I am not a robot” to prove you are a real person.
Step 3: When the original page appears, enter your email address in the box, then click the “pwned?” button. Test.
Step 4: The site returns results:
If your email has been leaked, the page will show a dark RED status box and the message: “Oh no – Processed”.
If your email is still safe, the page will display a GREEN status box and the message: “Good news – pwnage not found”.
– Case 1: You want to check if your login password is exposed
Step 1: Go to https://haveibeenpwned.com/Passwords. This is also the address of Haveibeenpwned.
Step 2: Enter the password you use (for example, login password for Gmail, Facebook, Instagram, Tiktok…) in the blank box, then click the “pwned?” button. “.
Step 3: The site returns results:
If the status bar appears dark RED and says “Oh no – pwned! This password has been seen… many times before” means the current password has been exposed and you should change it immediately.
If a green status box appears and says: “Good New – No pwneds found”, your password and account are still safe.
4. Maximum security for your account
There are many ways to maximize account security, HoaTieu.vn would like to provide information on the following measures:
– First: Use two-factor authentication method, implemented in Gmail, Facebook, Yahoo … so that every time you log in to your account on these pages, the page will ask you to enter a sequence of letters or number sent via SMS. to your phone or Gmail. So anyone who wants to log into your account, except this account, must have both your phone and your Gmail account for authentication to be able to log in.
– Second: Use login authentication apps like Google Authenticator or Authy, or use password management apps (running on Windows, Android, iOS) like LastPass or 1Password. These are all known applications for high security.
– Third: Do not use the same password for your Gmail account. Facebook, Yahoo, Instagram… because if you lose your account, you will lose all types of accounts with the same password.
– Fourth: Do not use easy-to-guess passwords such as date of birth, or “123456”, “iloveyou”, …
Hopefully, the above content has provided you with useful information on how to protect your personal account, prevent information leakage, and trusted websites for you to verify and secure your account information. .
Please refer to related articles in the category Documents of jagotutorial.comWhat is haveibeenpwned?