Plate L from Which Region? What is Sumatra area? Java? Borneo? Sulawesi? Papuans? or Bali? Don’t worry, you can find the answer on this page.
Because the quipper.co.id page will discuss in a very complete way, starting with an explanation of the meaning of number plates, the L plate area, a list of L plates along with the code behind them, number plate colors and additional information about vehicle plates from East Java.
So for those of you who want to find answers to your questions, it would be nice if you read the articles on this page to the end.
Before you get an answer about which area the L plate is from, it’s better if you know in advance the meaning of the number plate, read below!
Understanding Number Plates?
In addition to being used for the identity of motorized vehicles, it turns out that the vehicle number plates can also be identified for registration plates for 4-wheeled and 2-wheeled vehicles.
However, when viewed in terms of shape, this vehicle plate is shaped like metal or plastic. And this Vehicle Plate is attached to a motorized vehicle for official identification.
The number is indeed a pair, because this vehicle plate is attached to the front as well as the back of a vehicle.
Then for this L plate from which area? find the answer in the explanation in the next paragraph, yes!
Where is the L plate from?
Talking about motorized vehicle codes, especially for the code or series from the letter L, it is known that this L vehicle plate is specific to the region or region or also to the city or district area of Surabaya, East Java.
It should also be noted that the code from the L plate is the only police number code owned by an area at the city or district level.
So, below, we will inform you of a list of L letter license plates along with a list of the back codes for a vehicle.
List of L plates and their back codes
This license plate has a serial or number code, so the arrangement of letters and numbers is always made specifically for each vehicle.
Meanwhile, serial numbers in Indonesia are usually referred to as police numbers. Then usually also combined with some other information related to the vehicle.
Information such as the color of the vehicle, the brand of the vehicle, the model of the vehicle, the year of manufacture of the vehicle, the identification number (VIN) of the vehicle, and of course the name and address of the vehicle owner.
All of these important data will be listed in the STNK (Suratmark of Motorized Vehicle Number). Where this STNK is a proof letter for the vehicle’s license plate number is correct and has been determined for the vehicle owned.
Well, here is a complete list of L vehicle plates along with the vehicle’s rear code that you must know:
- Central Surabaya have a vehicle license plate letter L with the code behind it T/Q
- North Surabaya have a vehicle license plate letter L with the code behind it P/Q/R/S/T/U
- South Surabaya have a vehicle license plate letter L with the code on the back G/H/J/K/L/M
- West Surabaya have a vehicle license plate letter L with the code behind it V/W/X/Y/Z
- East Surabaya have a vehicle license plate letter L with the code behind it A/B/C/D/E/F
Vehicle Number Plate Color in Indonesia
So far, you may only be familiar with several colors of motorized vehicle plates that are often used on the streets.
Like a vehicle plate that uses yellow, you know that this color is usually used only for public transportation (transportation).
While the vehicle plates that use the red color as you know, are used only on official vehicle plates or are usually used by the government.
Did you know that there are 5 types of vehicle plate colors in Indonesia? For those who don’t know and want to know, you can see the full explanation below:
- Vehicle plate with red and white color in his writings it is used specifically for official or government vehicles.
- Vehicle license plate in white and blue in his writings, it is used specifically for vehicles from the Diplomatic Corps of Foreign Countries.
- Vehicle license plate in black and white in his writings it is used specifically for individual or rental vehicles.
- Vehicle plates with yellow and black colors in his writings it is used specifically for public transportation.
- Vehicle plate with green and black color in his writings, it is used specifically for vehicles in free trade zones, especially for vehicles that obtain facilities regarding exemption from import duty.
- With a regulation issued by the Minister of Finance, the color of motorized vehicles and their number plates may not be operated into other parts of Indonesia.
When talking about vehicle plates, each vehicle must have a vehicle plate equipped with letters that also have its own meaning.
Like those in motorized vehicles around the city of Surabaya, they will use a vehicle plate with a series or code letter L.
Additional Information About East Java Vehicle Plates
For the eastern part of Java, there are usually several forms of vehicle plates, which of course are different in each region. Here is the division:
AG : Vehicle plates for Nganjuk, Trenggalek, Blitar, Kediri and Tulungagung areas.
AE : Vehicle plates for the cities of Magetan, Ponorogo, Pacitan, Madiun and Ngawi.
L : Vehicle plate for the capital area of the province of East Java, Surabaya.
M : Vehicle plate for the Madura archipelago. This area uses plate M (Pamekasan, Sumenep, Sampang, Bangkalan and Madura).
N : Vehicle plates for the cities of Lumajang, Batu, Probolinggo, Pasuruan and Malang.
P : Vehicle plates for Situbondo, Jember, Bondowoso, Besuki and Banyuwangi areas.
S : License plates for Mojokerto, Lamongan, Bojonegoro, Jombang and Tuban areas.
W : Vehicle plates for Sidoarjo and Gresik areas.