The Ministry of Health (DOH) confirmed that the isolation period for the country’s first case of monkeypox had ended.
According to DOH officer Maria Rosario Vergeire, the last day or the 21st day of patient isolation ended yesterday, Friday.
According to Vergeire, so far the patient’s lesions have healed well.
He said his doctors had given the 31-year-old patient a ‘go signal’ to leave hospital this Saturday and interact with his family and others.
So far he said they had not recorded any new cases of monkeypox but he said they were still monitoring the patient’s close contacts.
“The lesion has completely healed. The close contacts are under constant surveillance because we said they are required to complete their 21-day quarantine period. We will provide information once they have completed the 21-day quarantine,” Vergeire said, at a press conference this Friday.
Meanwhile, Vergeire also said that another “suspected” patient had been tested and tested negative for monkeypox.
It can be recalled that the patient arrived in the country on July 19 after traveling to countries with recorded cases of monkeypox.
Symptoms of this disease include fever, headache, muscle aches, fatigue, rash, swelling and pain in the lymph nodes.