MAC address or Media access control address is a unique set of addresses that must be owned by devices connected to the network. Same with IP address, each device also has a different MAC address.
For general users, perhaps the presence of the MAC Address is not really necessary for its use. However, for people who want to tinker with their devices, MAC addresses are often used for network-related issues.
Well, if you are currently figuring out how to see the MAC address on a laptop or Windows computer, this time I will give you the easiest way. Please read this article to the end.
How to view MAC address in Windows
To see the MAC address in Windows, whether on a laptop or computer, you can use several methods. The way we will practice first is using CMD, and second is using Network Settings.
Command line (CMD)
For this first method, we just need to enter the Command Prompt, that is tool Windows default. Then, we just type the command to see the network address configuration on the device.
Here’s the full how-to:
- First, please open it Command Prompt First.
- Once CMD opens, type ipconfig /all then press Sign in.
- You will see information about the IP address. To find the MAC address, please search Physical address of the device used.
This way you can see the first MAC address which can also be used to find the IP address. For a more complete guide about IP Address, please read the article on how to find IP address on laptop and Android.
Melauli network settings
Then, the second way we will use Network Settings which will be accessed through the Control Panel. This method is also quite easy and can be practiced on Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 10 or Windows 11.
- First, please open it Control panel First.
- If so, change it Look from done Small icons then choose Network and Sharing Center like the picture below.
- Next, select the network you want to use by clicking on the network.
- On the network adapter you have selected, please click The details… then pay attention to the part Physical addressthis is the MAC address of your device.
Such are some ways to see the MAC address on a Windows laptop or PC. Now, you can use the MAC address for network related needs such as MAC blocking or others.
This is the article I can forward on this occasion. We hope this short article is helpful and enlightening for all of us. If there is anything you want to ask, please write in the comment column.