How Does OfferUp Works? How To Send A Message On OfferUp | How To Send Your Seller an offer
As useful as OfferUp is, most people have not been using it and while others have been looking for information to understand how it works. Before we go further, let us see what OfferUp really is.
What is OfferUp – It also allows you to buy and sell stuff and items locally. OfferUp more than 12 million users, which is less than half of LetGo’s user base. However, it is still a heavy hitter in the online classified space. Consumers spend about 25 minutes per day on OfferUp – the same amount of time they spend on social media sites.
Steps to Take on how to Sell on OfferUp
OfferUp makes posting an item for sale pretty simple. Here’s how you do it:
- Set up an OfferUp account and set your location: OfferUp needs this to show the area where you are selling. It won’t show others your exact location.
- Click the “Post” button with the camera icon: You’ll find this button in the bottom middle of your app.
- Take or select photos of your item to be displayed: Pictures let buyers see what they’re getting. Make sure you have a photo that clearly shows the item without other clutter.
- Title your item: Keep the title short and sweet — you can add more details later.
- Describe your item by selecting a category and its condition: The app gives you a list of options for this step. You can choose from a wide range of categories. The condition selection is a little more limited, but you can use the next step to clarify this detail.
- Write details further describing your item: Add any extra details about your item, like details on the item’s condition or whether you’re selling it with accessories included.
- Set your price: You can choose whether your price is firm or if it’s OK for buyers to haggle with you. You’ll find this section on the “Firm on price” option.
- Choose a delivery method: You can choose to sell only locally or ship your item nationwide. The upside of shipping is that more people will see your post. The downside is that there’s a service fee.
- Wait for buyers: If you’re antsy to offload your item you can boost your listing’s visibility for a fee, but there’s still no guarantee that it will sell.
How to Make Your Listing Stand Out
Keep in mind that your post is surrounded by other photos in someone’s feed, so you’ll want to try to make your item stand out.
If you want your post to catch a potential buyer’s eye, clean up your item, and take a picture of it in good lighting. Adding multiple pictures to your post gives buyers a better idea of what they’re getting.
Posting your item to multiple platforms like Facebook Marketplace, Mercari and Craigslist will increase the chance that someone will see your item and want to buy it. You may also want to share the link to your OfferUp listing on social media so that more people see it.
Is OfferUp Safe?
OfferUp is as safe to use as any other digital marketplace like Mercari or Facebook Marketplace. This service doesn’t do background checks, but it does have steps to become a verified user including the TruYou program.
With TruYou, a user verifies their phone number, submits a scan of a state-issued ID, and takes a selfie. With these steps, OfferUp will compare the information you provide and add the TruYou verification badge to your account if you are positively confirmed.
Remember that if you have a bad feeling about a seller or potential buyer, don’t risk it. You can block or report a user within the app if you feel uncomfortable.
How Does OfferUp Make Money?
OfferUp makes money by allowing users to promote their posts for a fee and through hosting ads on the platform. Each type of paid content is labeled “Promoted” or “Ad” respectively.
Just posting on the app is free.
How To Delete An OfferUp Account
OfferUp tells you how to deactivate your account, not how to delete it. However, emailing customer support about completely deleting your account may solve this problem.
OfferUp And Letgo Merger Information
OfferUp is absorbing Letgo into its marketplace. As of September 21, 2020, the Letgo platform is shutting down to complete the merger.
To follow people on your OfferUp if you’re interested in what they’re selling and want to keep up with their posts. of you wont to view everyone’s and items in one place, browse the From people you follow category.
If You Wont To Follow Someone from Their Profiles
- For you to follow someone you will need to Tap the person name to open their profile
- Nest step Scroll to the Connections
- You will now Tap their Follow button
- You can also find a Follow button on their profile’s My Offers tab.
How To Follow Facebook Friends With Your OfferUp
How to connect your Facebook with your OfferUp account if you link your Facebook account to OfferUp, you’ll automatically follow any of your Facebook friends who also buy or sell on OfferUp, and they’ll follow you back.