Make WhatsApp Chat Ringtones Different for Every Contact – therantnation.com. In the app WhatsApp the incoming message tone used for each contact is the same. This is normal because you have not set the ringtone.
However, because the tone used is the same, it sometimes makes you fool when you hear the WhatsApp chat ringtones. Although trivial, if it happens too often it can be annoying.
To overcome such problems there are ways that can be done. You can use various ringtone features in WA. This function is provided by the application so that it can be used by its users.
Curious how to create a different WhatsApp chat ringtone for each contact? If you are interested, see the explanation below.
Benefits of setting different WA ringtones
Till now WhatsApp application has been used by many people. Starting from small children to adults, everyone uses WA to send short messages over a distance.
When you use WA, of course, you have many contacts that are usually contacted. For example, a company department head who has a WA group to discuss work.
Seeing more and more features, WhatsApp started thinking about developing some of its features. One of the priorities is the WA chat ringtone feature.
This feature can later be useful for giving different message tones from one contact to another. So, just by the tone, the user can tell which contact the message is from.
Setting a different WA message tone can be a way to make chat messages more interesting. The selection of message tones to choose from is also very varied, so you won’t get bored quickly.
Interestingly, there is a custom WhatsApp chat ringtone feature to define what tone to use in a particular chat.
How to use different features of WhatsApp chat ringtone
For people who often mess with WhatsApp settings, they might have known for a long time how to use the message tone setting feature. But not a few new users who do not understand this.
Actually, making a different WhatsApp chat ringtone is very easy. You don’t even need the help of a third-party app to do this.
Here is the review.
1. Android OS
The first method can be used for Android HP users. This means that the WA application is downloaded through the Google Play Store platform.
- First open WA on a smartphone device
- Select the menu CONVERSATION at the bottom right of the screen
- Search for the contact you want to change the message tone for (can be used for both groups and individuals)
- If you tapped into the contact’s chat window
- Then scroll down the screen and select the menu Personalized notification
- Tap an empty box
- Select the menu Notification tone
- After that, a checklist will appear in an empty box
- Then select the tone you want to use as your ringtone
2. iOS OS
In addition to the Android operating system, of course WA can be used on iOS devices. In general the difference is not very significant. Perhaps the change will be seen only by the name of the menu.
- First open the WA app on the iPhone device
- Then open the chat window of the contact for which you want to set the ringtone
- After that select the menu Wallpapers and Sounds
- Scroll down the screen menu and look for the custom ringtone menu
- Select an available ringtone
- Choose the tone you want and there are quite a few tones available so you have plenty of choice
The tone of the message can be selected according to the desired contact. This way you can find out who is chatting just by listening to WA chat ringtones.
How to change message tone in WhatsApp chat groups
Besides you can make different WhatsApp chat ringtones, you can make settings for WA groups. This method can be used when you have many group chats.
Use a special tone for groups that have important priorities. That way when the notification sounds you can immediately find out which group the WA chat is from.
The steps are actually not much different from changing the ringtone on individual contacts. To be more clear, just follow the steps below.
- The first step is to open the WA app on a smart device
- Select the WA group you want to change the ringtone
- After that, tap on the menu with the three dots logo at the top right
- Then select the menu Group Info
- Select Special announcements
- Check the checklist in the box Special announcements
- Next, just choose the tone you want
In addition to using several announcements, make sure the tone is easy to hear. Avoid using a ringtone with a very soft or low volume.
How to reset WhatsApp ringtone settings
The next question is what if you want to restore the settings that were previously used? Don’t worry, it’s very easy to reset WhatsApp chat ringtone settings.
- First open the WA app
- Select the chat menu and select the 3 dots in the top right
- Select the menu Notifications
- In the notifications section, select the three-dot menu at the top right
- Select the menu Reset notification settings
- Settings are back to normal
There are several how to make different whatsapp chat ringtones from one contact to another. By setting the chat ringtone, of course, you will find it easier to find out where the chat was sent from.