Colombian presidential candidate Rodolfo Hernández says his life is in danger – JibGlobe

Colombian presidential candidate Rodolfo Hernández says his life is in danger #Colombia #president #candidate #Rodolfo #Hernández #lives in danger Welcome to JibGlobe, here’s a new story we have for you today:

Colombian presidential candidate Rodolfo Hernández says his life is in danger and he is canceling all campaign appearances before the June 19 second round of elections

Colombian presidential candidate Rodolfo Hernández announced on Twitter that there was a plot to assassinate him. The 77-year-old said he would cancel all of his scheduled live campaign appearances before the June 19 second-round election. threats after watching a leaked video showing a rival adviser, former rebel Gustavo Petro, discussing strategy. I believe my life is in danger,” wrote Hernández while in Miami, where he conducted a series of interviews with American networks.

Colombian presidential candidate Rodolfo Hernández said on Thursday he would cancel all his remaining live appearances at campaign events because of an alleged plot to assassinate him.

Hernández, 77, is in a tight battle against leftist Gustavo Petro, who has previously denounced threats to his life.

A spokesman for the national police said they had no information about the threat against Hernández but were investigating.

‘I believe my life is in danger,’ the septuagenarian said on Twitter in a series of posts about leaked videos showing a Petro adviser discussing strategy.

Colombian presidential candidate Rodolfo Hernández greets supporters during the Malecon tour as a campaign event, in Barranquilla, Colombia, on Wednesday. He revealed in a series of tweets on Thursday that there was a plot to kill him. He blamed the campaign of rival Gustavo Petro, whom he will face in the second round on June 19, showing a leaked video showing an adviser to Petro discussing strategy.

Rodolfo Hernández took to Twitter on Thursday while on a press tour of Miami to reveal he will be canceling a live campaign appearance due to an assassination plot.

Rodolfo Hernández took to Twitter on Thursday while on a press tour of Miami to reveal he will be canceling a live campaign appearance due to an assassination plot.

Hernández, who is on a press tour with the American network in Miami, called Petro and his supporters a “criminal gang.”

“What this video proves is that they have no boundaries, that they are willing to do anything to gain power, to surpass anyone, to violate any principle,” Hernández said.

Hernández revealed that the plotters planned to stab instead of shoot him at the airport or conference room, according to Colombian newspaper El Tiempo.

‘Why a knife? Because it turns out that people go to the airport to meet me or to a conference room like this and you have to come in,” he explained. ‘There they put four or five (guards) to protect me, but when there were 500 (people) pushing… They told me they were going to stab me and I was so unlucky that I didn’t die and I stayed in a wheelchair …’

Rodolfo Hernández also said that the plotters planned to stab instead of shoot him at the airport or conference room, according to Colombian newspaper El Tiempo.

Rodolfo Hernández also said that the plotters planned to stab instead of shoot him at the airport or conference room, according to Colombian newspaper El Tiempo.

Former rebel Gustavo Petro, who is running for Colombia's next president, said the plot to assassinate his opponent, Rodolfo Hernández, was proof his campaign was targeted.

Former rebel Gustavo Petro, who is running for Colombia’s next president, said the plot to assassinate his opponent, Rodolfo Hernández, was proof his campaign was targeted.

Petro said the video was proof his campaign was targeted.

All of Hernández’s remaining live appearances will be cancelled, his campaign said in a statement.

The planned rally in the Colombian capital, the Bogotá rally will take place as planned on Saturday, with candidates appearing virtually.

Petro canceled an event in the country’s coffee region in May after his office said there was a gang plot to kill him.

The government eventually gave Petro additional security and police – who initially said they had no information about the plot – said they would investigate.

Hernández is a civil engineer who says he amassed a fortune of $100 million through his construction company.

He has built a presence on TikTok over the course of his campaign, pledging to shrink the government, provide drug addicts with free narcotics to crush the drug trade and fully implement the 2016 peace deal with left-wing rebels.

Although he has used his impassioned rhetoric against corruption, Hernández is under investigation for allegedly interfering in Bucaramanga’s interim garbage collection tender to benefit the company his son had lobbied for. He denied the accusations.

Hernández won 28.2 percent of the vote in the first round of voting, beating founding favorite Federico Gutiérrez for second place in a surprising result.

Petro, long expected to win the first round, won 40.3 percent.

Former rebels and current senators have promised generous social action packages to remedy deep inequalities.

Both candidates will have to stop all public events starting Sunday, ahead of the run-off election on June 19.

Click Here To Continue Reading From Source

[ads2]

Leave a Comment