There are many things that require a passport photo. For example for job application documents, diplomas, report cards, ID cards, etc.
Now there are many tools that you can use to edit photos. The editing includes changing the background and adjusting its size.
This article will discuss the best practice methods for editing passport photos. Suitable for you students who need to deposit a photo diploma, couples who want to get married, employees who need to make ID cards, etc.
1. Using the Web Platform
This platform is quite a mainstay because it allows for automatic online photo background editing. In essence, you only need to upload a photo and the background is automatically deleted. After that, you can change the background to fit the photo according to the provisions.
Here are the steps.
- Open a browser, then go to the remove.bg website.
- Upload the photo you want to change the background for. The first way is to directly drag ‘n drop the photo. You can also search manually through the explore library by clicking the “Upload Image” button.
- After the photo file has been successfully uploaded, the photo background will be automatically removed. So, what appears is only the main object. You can see an example as shown in the image below.
- After that, you can directly edit the red or blue online photo background, according to the general provisions on the photo.
- To do this, click the “Edit” button in the top right corner of the photo. Then select the “Color” option. After that, you can choose a color for the background.
- If you want to fine-tune the selection on a photo, you can use the “Erase/Restore” option.
- When it’s finished, you can immediately “Download” the file.
Using this online photo background editing website is very efficient. You don’t need to install an application, the process is fast, the background selection results are also pretty good.
Unfortunately, if you use the free version, the resolution of the photo will be compressed. The resolution of the photo can be reduced by up to 50% of its original size.
You can sign up to get 1 free credit. You can use these credits to download a single photo with the original resolution.
And even then only applies to photos with deleted backgrounds. Does not apply to photos whose background you have changed.
This online photo background editor is also only able to delete and replace the background. If you want to make a photo of a certain size, you’ll need to use another platform.
2. Using Mobile Apps
For those of you who want to know how to edit photo backgrounds on your cellphone using an application, we will review it at this point. This method will be an alternative to the two methods above.
You will need two applications namely Background Eraser and Picsart. So, you will later need to use the Background Eraser to remove the original background and Picsart to edit the background.
If you only use Picsart, the process will not be efficient. The reason is, you have to select the photo manually to be able to remove the original background.
In addition to setting up the application, you also need to make sure the photos are already available on your cellphone storage. We recommend using a photo with a plain background to make it easier to delete.
Remove the Original Background with the Background Eraser
Here are the steps:
- First of all, open the Background Eraser application. After that, click “Load a photo”. Browse the library and select the photo you want to edit.
- After that, you will enter the editing window. The first process is cropping. You just think the comparison is appropriate for the photo. When finished click “Done”.
- You will be directed to the next page of the editor to remove the photo background.
- Select the “Auto” menu to remove the background automatically. Then, hover over the part of the background you want to remove.
- Some parts are definitely not erased neatly, you can tidy them up manually. The trick is to click the “Manual” menu then hover over the cursor to delete the remaining parts.
- After the editing process is complete, click “Done”.
- On the next page, you can define the smoothness level. Adjust to the state of the image so that the edges look neat and natural.
- When finished, click “Save” -> “Finish”. Your photos will be saved in PNG format with no background.
After the photo background has been erased, you can switch to the PicsArt application.
Even if you don’t master the Photoshop application, you can still combine the functions of several tools to edit passport photos. You can follow the guide above as a reference.
Hopefully this article on how to edit photo backgrounds online can be an easy guide for you to understand and follow.